This was the first production model produced by W.R.M Motors Ltd. The design, in gestation as the Morris Oxford Light Car since 1910 was completed by late 1912. The first production model, produced at a newly acquired site in Cowley, was ready in March 1913. Production of this model slowed after the start of World War One, when the Morris assembly facilities were switched to munitions production. Assembly of a few vehicles continued during the earlier years of the war, using parts that had been manufactured or purchased before the switch to munitions production.
|1913 Oxford||(Photo – Bev Marks)|
|At Geraldine Vintage Car & Machinery Museum, New Zealand – 2012|
Engine: White & Poppe 9hp.
Clutch: Metal plates in oil bath.
Gear Box: Three speed
Back to vehicles index
The Pre 1940 Morris Register Limited © 2019 | Registered in England No. 7334633: 5 Burderop Close, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 0UL | VAT No. 103 5625 48
Site by T3D