The Morris Register is keen encourage interest in old car ownership amongst younger motorists.
We are offering the use of a 1939 Morris Eight Series E tourer for the 2018 season (end of March to end of October 2018). As well as use of the car, we will also provide comprehensive classic car insurance cover* (courtesy of Lancaster Insurance) for the duration of the loan period and free membership of the Morris Register until 31st March 2019.
* Social Domestic & Pleasure use only (Motor Sports/Trials use is not permitted)
If you are interested in loaning our 1939 Morris Eight Series E tourer, as advertised in both Classic Car Weekly and Practical Classics magazines, then download and complete an application form which should then by e-mailed by 24th February 2018 to our National Secretary e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will :
• be aged 30+
• have a clean driving licence
• have use of another car (our car is not for commuting)
• be able to garage the loan car at home
• have some rudimentary experience of older vehicles
• be able to carry out basic maintenance (under our guidance!)
• undertake to take the car, on our behalf, to a few classic car meetings (including our National Rally)
• keep in touch with the Morris Register during the loan period, maybe by an occasional contribution to our magazine describing the car’s adventures
The loan will be subject to a formal agreement (capturing the above points) between the Morris Register and the successful candidate.
Applications are available from now until 24th February 2018.
In the week following the closure of application period a potential successful candidate (as
selected by the Management Committee) will be contacted and their final suitability confirmed, following a face to face meeting with one or more our committee and/or a local representative
Hand over of the car will take place on the Practical Classics stand at the Practical Classics – Classic Car & Restoration Show at the NEC, 23-25th March, (Preferably on Sunday 25th).