Introduced at Olympia in autumn 1929, the H-type “Dictator” was the second bespoke passenger vehicle chassis produced by Morris. It was targeted at the heavier end of the passenger vehicle market. Initially available with a 16ft 4 ins wheelbase chassis, a longer 18ft wheelbase variant was introduced early in 1931. Both short and long wheel base chassis were available in normal and forward control variants. The H-type which was designed by Charles K Edwards (ex of London General/AEC) with ease of maintenance in mind including an engine, gearbox, front axle assembly which with the assistance of a skid could be wheeled out the vehicle in under 30 minutes. 133 chassis were produced before production ended in 1933.
|1931 H||(Photo – Morris Register Collection)|
|At Imperial Bus Service (A. E. Blane Ltd), Marlborough Road Garage, Romford|
|H||Normal Control||Engine:Morris H 7014cc, 40.8hp (RAC), 6 cylinder high camshaft, inclined over head valve.
Clutch: Single dry plate.
Gear Box: Four speed
Brakes – Four Wheel
The Pre 1940 Morris Register Limited © 2018 | Registered in England No. 7334633: 70 Alderton Way, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 0UH | VAT No. 103 5625 48
Site by T3D